Characteristics of Computers :
The common characteristics that makes computers of all sizes such a powerful machine are speed, accuracy and reliability, storage, automotion etc.
- Speed : Computer can calculate at very high speed.
- Storage : Computers have their main memory and auxiliary memory system. A computer can store a large amount of data.
- Accuracy and Reliability : Computers are quite accurate and extremely reliable as will. They are only a machine and do not make errors on their own. Errors are caused by humans, not by computers.
- Automation : Computers can be programmed to perform a series of complex tasks, involving multiple programs. Computer will perform things flawlessly.
- Versatility : The wide use of computers in so many areas such as commerce, scientific applications, education in day to day life is ample evidence of its versatility.
- Diligence : Diligence means being constant and earnest in efforts and application.